Destination WA - Destination WA Visits Moontide Distillery
Broome is a place full of spirit, and Daniela perfectly captures that unique spirit at a great Broome distillery, revolutionising the distilling process.
- Moontide Distillery is the only distillery in Broome and one of the world’s most isolated. It is renowned for its Gin that is, as unique as the Kimberly.
- Moontide Distillery is made up of a small, dedicated team headed by Trish and Andrew, who have been working with native botanicals to craft unique flavours within their spirits.
- Moontide uses Kimberley monsoonal rainwater in every bottle of Moontide Distillery gin or spirit.
- At Moontide, visitors are invited to experience a world of distilling, spirit crafting and tasting.
- Gin and spirit tastings are available at their cellar door and they’re open six days a week from 12 - 6 pm. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Moontide allows guests to sample their gins and spirits, both neat and paired with mixers and curated garnishes. Cheeseboards are also available which show off great WA/locally made cheese.
- An important part of the Moontide philosophy is that with every bottle of Spirit produced they remain gentle on the land. All operations here are powered by solar.
Watch the segment below:
Story: Moontide Distillery
Presenter: Daniela Pola
Air Date: 8 August 2021